The Archivist of the United States, David S. Ferriero, introduces a new CUI video on YouTube, which stresses the critical importance of sharing and protecting CUI.
Addressed to the wide community involved in handling and protecting CUI, the CUI video runs about 12 minutes, and presents discussions on the following topics:
- The definition of CUI, and the distinctions between types of information provided in the CUI Registry;
- The principles of access and sharing as they apply to lawful government purpose and limited dissemination control markings;
- Marking requirements overall, and for email, packages and standard mail;
- Controlled environments, both physical and electronic;
- The reproduction of CUI;
- FAXing CUI;
- Reporting incidents;
- The destruction of CUI; and
- The acceptable indicators for the decontrol of CUI.
In the video, Mr. Ferriero acknowledges the implementation of CUI concepts and tools “as an art practiced by civil servants in every department and agency, and their non-federal partners, working on behalf of the American people.”
The video is available for download from the ISOO website and may be used to support and supplement training and awareness efforts.