ISOO has developed seven new training modules. These videos offer the most up-to-date information about the CUI Program.
- Introduction to Marking CUI (updated August 6, 2018): This video provides an overview of how to mark documents, emails, presentations, systems, and other files that contain CUI. It specifically addresses the designation indicator and the CUI banner marking, including the CUI control marking, CUI category markings, and Limited Dissemination Control Markings. It also discusses portion marking, the use of cover sheets, marking multi-page documents, and decontrolling CUI.
- Marking Commingled Information: This video describes how to mark documents that contain both CNSI and CUI. Specifically, it covers portion and banner markings and how to mark emails and presentations.
- Controlled Environments (updated August 6, 2018): This video presents the viewer with examples of two environments, one that is considered suitable for the storage and handling of CUI and one that is not. It discusses why controlled environments are important and the different approaches agencies can take to creating their own controlled environments.
- Destruction of CUI (updated August 6, 2018): This video discusses the different destruction methods that are appropriate for CUI when it is no longer needed.
- Lawful Government Purpose (updated August 6, 2018): This video addresses the principle of Lawful Government Purpose, or the standard for deciding when to share and when not to share CUI.
- Freedom of Information Act FAQs (updated August 7, 2018): This video addresses some of the most frequently asked questions about CUI and FOIA.
- Freedom of Information Act Panel Discussion (updated August 7, 2018): This video is a discussion of CUI and FOIA expanding on the concepts covered in the July 3, 2014 memo Revised Guidance regarding Controlled Unclassified Information and then Freedom of Information Act.
Agencies (and stakeholders) may wish to use these videos to supplement their CUI Program training. However, it is important to note that ISOO does not track completion of these modules, so if your organization wishes to require viewing of these videos as part of your CUI training program, you must download and run them from organization’s training platform. MP4 versions will be made available for download from the CUI Registry in the coming weeks.